Saturday, October 11, 2008

I am busy cleaning today due to having the video producer from Taunton coming this next week. The shop has to be clean and ready for the camera. I wanted to share just a bit of woodwork from Tallinn, Estonia. These photos are from a small shop I visited in the walled city of Tallinn that specialized in handcrafted wood items. Some of the hand carved bowls were really beautiful, and I would have bought several if I were more flush with Euros. All the wood products in this shop were finished to a level that no sanding marks could be seen. International distribution of manufactured objects have pushed woodcrafts into a corner. While once wood products were for everyday use, now they are almost purely decorative. But spoons, bowls and cutting boards can always serve dual purpose.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:27 PM

    Good luck with the video shoot.
    Beautiful work at that shop, too. I like the way the fixture was built, a nice piece of woodworking in itself.

    Mario

    ReplyDelete