Monday, April 30, 2007

John Grossbohlin shared the following under the subject, "Hands Run Amok."

I came home from work today to find a hole in my back yard.... my kids were home from school today and over the course of the day they had help from three other kids. Maybe I shouldn't have purchased them real, but small, shovels, wheel barrows and pick and taught them how to properly use the tools. ;~)

As I recall, the CEO of Cray computers was digging a tunnel from his basement to a distant woods. He would go down in the hole to get intellectually away from his work and allow more creative thinking to take place which he attributed to "elves." Here are links: Tunnel Digging as a Hobby and Seymour Cray

John, with your sons, I would expect them to go down about 5 more feet by tomorrow afternoon and then take off digging toward the nearest woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment