Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Action and thought

I did this little sketch some time ago to illustrate the relationship between action and reflection. It makes sense to me to see action as a form of thought, whereas for some it would be considered a wholly inside the head trip.

Which comes first, action or thought? It's like the chicken and the egg.

Today in the Clear Spring School wood shop, my students in first, second and third grades will be working on a rain forest animal mobile and my students in grades 4-6 will work on the lathe.

Yesterday, I worked through our ESSA wood shop tools acquisition budget, attempting to make some decisions on tools to be acquired before opening for first classes in June.

I've also been cleaning the shop and finishing boxes.

Make, fix, create, and resume a legacy of learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment