Sunday, August 30, 2015

Ozarks Mini-maker faire...

A First robotics team from Camdenton
Yesterday I went with a friend to the Ozark Mini-Maker Faire in Springfield, Missouri and took advantage of the trip to swing by Grizzly Tool Company. My friend and I managed to buy two small drum sanders from the scratch and dent section of the store, so I've added a fresh tool to my woodworking adventure. 

Paper making with kids
The Maker Faire was well attended and had plenty of schools and small factories represented.  Kids and parents were excited. I consider it somewhat unfortunate that there was no woodworking offered at the fair.  It would have been a great opportunity for Grizzly Tools and others involved in woodworking to capture and lay claim to a fresh generation.

Kids who have had an opportunity to do woodworking may draw upon the experience for the rest of their lives.

Last night we wen to a concert by the Eroica Trio. Their performance was sublime, and an expression of joy. Should we not each find such pleasure in our work?

Make, fix, create, and incite others to engage in the quest for useful beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment