Friday, December 14, 2007

This morning in the Clear Spring School wood shop, the 7th, 8th and 9th grades will be working on toy cars and trucks to help the 5th and 6th grade project. There will be photos later in the day. In my outside the school work, I just signed a contract for a new book about making rustic furniture. It should get me out into the surrounding woods for some fun. so, I have been ordering some tools, clearing some space in my messy shop, clearing the decks in various ways. During the 9 months it will take to write and photograph the book, I will also keep up with things at school, fill orders for my small boxes, and try to keep a few articles in print. One of my pre-book priorities has been to get an article finished for Woodwork magazine on my visit to Nääs and Solomon's role in the international promotion of Sloyd. The whole story is far too large for the pages of a magazine, but my hope is that what I've submitted to the editor helps the woodworking public to better undertstand our own history and the potential that woodworking offers modern education.

No comments:

Post a Comment