Tuesday, November 30, 2010
suggestion for tonight's dinner
Hasselback Potatoes With Rosemary
What you need: potatoes (medium sized), breadcrumbs, fresh rosemary, butter and sea salt.
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F
2. Peel and wash the potatoes.
3. Slice into the potatoes about 1/5 inch apart. Do not cut completely through! Top each potato with a small knob of butter and bake them in the oven for about 25 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven, and sprinkle each potato with breadcrumbs, sea salt and some rosemary (rosemary is untraditional, so if you want to stay true to the original recipe, just leave it out).. Again top each potato with a small knob of butter.
5. Bake for another 25-35 minutes (depending on the size of the potatoes) or until golden on the outside and soft on the inside. You can also turn the oven to broil for the last 5 minutes of cooking to get an extra crispy outside.
This recipe came from Kalle Bergman, food writer for the Huffington Post. Besides being Swedish, it tasted great.
Today in the wood shop, students turned wood. Two made gavels, some made candle stick holders, and others finished the boxes they have been working on. I am headed for my own woodshop to clean and arrange and to assemble and finish the Greene and Greene styled cabinets.