Sunday, November 28, 2010

Becoming eager learners

Clear Spring second-grader Alena Guillory makes a box during shop class Wednesday afternoon. The Eureka Springs school encourages hands-on experiences instead of just reading about subjects.
Photo by Michael Woods
Clear Spring School is featured today in an article in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Below is a video of a blind woodworker in Canada who says, "You got two eyes, I've got ten.".

Besides housecleaning with my new floor mop extender in use for the first time, attending an afternoon arts and craft show and thus visiting friends, I extended my friendly competition with the Chinese this afternoon, by applying Danish oil finish to boxes. In addition, I have been sanding my latest cabinets to prepare for assembly. You can get a preview glimpse of the tongue and groove Greene and Greene inspired doors in the photo below.

No comments:

Post a Comment