Tuesday, June 09, 2009

two views

This morning I finally clamped all the hoses in place on my dust collection control box, so you can see how this fits into the system. I've been using it for weeks, and finding it saves me a lot of effort in switching from one machine to another in the system. Many woodworkers use a system of slides turning off hoses, but that requires steps from one hose to another.

This control box has three positions from a single slide that open the table saw or planer or turn the line completely off to allow greater suction at other points in the collection system. An article on the making of this box will be featured in one of the national woodworking magazines. Which one? I'm waiting to find out.

When I was a kid I wanted to be an inventor. I guess I am one.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, 'inventor' was one of the things I wanted to be, and now I too am one. Feels good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:34 AM

    Very ingenious. Dust collection is one of the most annoying parts of woodworking, and you've come up with a very elegant solution.

    Mario

    ReplyDelete