Friday, June 12, 2009

today

Today, I have little to contribute to the blog, as I am traveling to Little Rock for the opening of "Custom by Design," a showing of the crafted furniture work of 6 Arkansas artists at the Historic Arkansas Museum. I have 6 pieces in the exhibit, including the Crystal Bridges bench and 5 pieces completed for my Rustic Furniture Basics book and DVD coming out in the fall, 2009. I will also deliver work to River Market Art Space and pick up a table for delivery to a customer here in Carroll County. In the meantime, I invite you as usual to pay a bit of attention to your hands. Watch how they learn to act unconsciously with skill, intelligence and wisdom. Then observe also the tools made for their use. Each, even the simplest is the culmination of thousands of years of human evolution in relationship to the materials of our creation. Our own lives are the product of accumulated knowledge embodied in our tools and the hands that and set them to work. Have fun in your explorations.

Your invitation to tonight's reception is below.

No comments:

Post a Comment