Saturday, September 14, 2013

More boxes...

Today I will finish the boxes I've been making for my sister's cremains. The photo at left shows the lid being cut from the base. I set the blade height so that a thin sliver of wood is left to keep the lid from pushing into the blade. Still, I keep a steady, light pressure against the fence during the cut.
I am also reading through transcripts from the hearing in Little Rock. It is amazing how misinformed many of the SWEPCO witnesses are.

As you can see in the photo below, I've added keeper strips to the lift off lids, and all that remains to be done is to add lift tabs at the ends, sand and finish.

Joe sent a link to this video in which Italian designer Enzo Mari discusses design. The essence of good design is not to be different, but because a thing can only be done this way.

When you begin stripping away all the non-essential clutter of thought in the design of a thing it may begin to take a pure form. Those who are interested in the hands as I am will enjoys his use of his own hands to make that point.

Make, fix and create...


Enzo Mari for Artek: Homage to Autoprogettazione from Artek oy ab on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment