Friday, January 19, 2018

dust separator success




In the video, watch carefully for the spiral of material circulating to the bottom of the barrel. I expect this separator to capture 80-90 percent of planer chips before they reach the two stage dust collector. The point is to increase the capacity of the system and reduce maintenance.

I'll build a frame with legs to support the box, and the drums will be put on wheels so that during cleanup ESSA students can ready the system for the next class. The translucent barrels make it easy to observe when they are 3/4's full and need to be changed.

As a kid, I subscribed to Popular Science, read it enthusiastically and hoped to become an inventor. While this dust separator is not rocket science, it is a pleasure to have made that works exactly as I intended. Is it OK to brag about such things? You can see a wider view of the system in yesterday's blog post. http://wisdomofhands.blogspot.com/2018/01/dust-collection-box.html

Today I am flying to Rochester New York and will meet with members of the Rochester Woodworker's Society this evening, where I've been invited to show slides of my work.

Make, fix, create and assist others in learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment