Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Canes.

This morning at the Clear Spring School my middle schools children will begin making canes to give to folks at our local medical clinic. I was assured last night by one of our primary care physicians that they would be welcomed and useful. My students set a goal of making 10.

The idea comes from a request for a cane for my Aunt Wuzzie years ago made by her children. I made two thinking that my mother would (at some point) need one too.  That cane is  shown in the photo, and in the process of making that cane, I did an article for Woodwork Magazine called "A Bird in the Hand." As you can see in the photo, the shape of a bird in the hand provides a secure and comfortable grip.

Make, fix, create, and assist others in learning likewise.


No comments:

Post a Comment