Friday, December 18, 2015

wild man guitar...

Yesterday we had the holiday program and pot luck at Clear Spring School and it was warm enough for it to be held outside. Unusual for December. I plan to use the holiday break to clean my shop, finish boxes and continue making experimental cigar box guitars.

The photos are of my "wild man" guitar which explores the use of an oversized top. The idea is that the top can be expressive without changing the underlying box shape. This idea will help my student do more expressive and unique work.

The idea of this guitar is that the sound holes form eyes, the curved parts below below the body are like mutton chops. The bridge will form the mouth. The tail piece is made just as I've made them in the past, with galvanized sheet metal and screws. I am stamping the name of each guitar in this series using metal stamps.

We are getting down to the wire on shipping from my Etsy store. Shop now if you need a gift in time for the holiday. Because making is not confined to usual business hours, you now have about 150 hours remaining in which to make gifts before Christmas.

Make, fix, create, and extend to others the love of learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment