- Not clearly expressed; inexplicit.
- Not thinking or expressing oneself clearly.
- Lacking definite shape, form, or character; indistinct: saw a vague outline of a building through the fog.
- Not clear in meaning or application. See Synonyms at ambiguous.
- Indistinctly felt, perceived, understood, or recalled; hazy: a vague uneasiness.
There are lots of hard ways to install hinges that are easier if you are a skilled woodworker. Pin hinges is one method that comes to mind. Pin hinges with the pins drilled in from the sides of the box into the lid require very precise set-ups on the drill press or horizontal borer, and require precision in the cutting of parts. Let them go there when they've shown a great interest and have developed skill. What I've suggested is the simple pivot lid as shown in the sketchup illustration above. The pins for attaching the lid are available from Lee Valley. The idea here is to go from the simple to the complex, from the easy to more difficult, and from the concrete to the abstract... principles of Educational Sloyd. My students assemble this box with nails.
Today in my wood shop, I am making some of my standard boxes to fill gallery orders prior to the holiday season.
Make, fix and create...