Thursday, October 03, 2013

Friday night in Tulsa...

I'll be at the opening of my show at the University on Friday night, October 4, at the

Zarrow Center
124 East Brady Street
Tulsa, OK 74103.

The show will run through October 26. I will have a variety of small boxes and some cabinets, table and sculpture on display.

I've finished more of my swivel boxes, and these are made of maple and walnut. They are quickly done. I use super glue to connect the butt joints long enough for them to be sanded and to drill dowel holes for connecting the sides to the ends. I am curious what my readers will think. Are these boxes that you would like to make? They are intended to offer a simple starting point for your adventures in box making.

Make, fix and create...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:08 AM

    Doug,

    While the design is far from fancy, it appears to be a versatile design that can be modified in shape and ornamentation in many ways. I think that this makes the design appeal to both novice and advanced woodworkers.

    Yes, I would make a similar box.

    I believe that I have seen a similar design that had four swivelling lids.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely try that style of box. It really does have all sorts of possibilities as far as design and wood choices.

    Mario

    ReplyDelete