Saturday, July 21, 2007

I just got back last night from the Stowe family reunion in Idaho. We had a great time, but Jean, Lucy and I weren't able to stay the whole week. Tonight is the big Harry Potter Party at our local Carnegie Public Library. The 1910 limestone building, the adjoining community rooms, side alleys and adjacent park have been converted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and hundreds of children and adults will attend. My wife and her fellow librarians have been preparing for weeks and after arriving home very late last night, we were off to an early start this morning to finish the decorating and many last minute details.

The letter that follows is my response to an inmate from the Indiana Penitentiary, telling me his story and asking for guidance in becoming a box maker.

I am so grateful that early in my life, I received encouragement in working with my hands, and letters like the one I received remind me of my many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment