Friday, August 06, 2021

MASW

I'm busy packing for travel to the Marc Adams School of Woodworking where I'll teach a 5 day class on Box Making. I'm feeling a bit rusty about teaching adults due to the suspension of most of my usual classes due to the pandemic. It is agonizing to watch as the delta variant and low vaccination rate in my county in Arkansas have made our own area one of particular concern. The focus in the international news has shifted from Arkansas to other states that have become even worse.

Being vaccinated I'm unlikely to have debilitating effects from exposure to the virus, but I'll wear an N-95 mask for my journey as a way to protect myself and also protect  others. I'll arrive in Indiana on Sunday to begin setting up for my class.

My new book, the Wisdom of our Hands, has been handed off for its next step, the printing of the advanced review copy. So now our attention is directed towards advanced promotion of the book that will come out in February.

The Gallery at the Central Arkansas Library has added my work to their website here: https://cals.org/galleries/doug-stowe/

The photo is from an earlier year's class at the Marc Adams School of Woodworking. marcadams.com

Make, fix and create. Assist others in learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment