Sunday, October 07, 2018

A+ plus

 Yesterday I led two groups of about 12 A+ Fellows through training in the wood shop. The idea was to introduce them with woodworking with kids. Each made four projects including sharp sticks, toy cars, super heroes and Sloyd Trivets from Gustaf Larsson's book elementary Sloyd and Whittling. I think they had as much fun as I did, and just like my younger students at Clear Spring School we were all reluctant to quit work when the time came to stop and clean up.

Adults definitely clean better and more thoroughly than small children, so the ESSA woodworking studio is back in good shape, but for me picking up the tools I'd supplied from home and from the Clear Spring School.

As A+ has the job of restoring and reintegrating the arts into Arkansas Public Schools, the Fellows are an important group with whom to share. I thank them for coming, and for ESSA having played host.

Two groups of Fellows and the objects they have made are shown in the photos.

Make, fix, create and assist others in learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment