Thursday, August 10, 2017

Day 4 at CVSofW

I am ready for day four of my box making class. All my students have a number of boxes in the works. One of my students asked, "Tomorrow, may I start another?" "Of course," I replied. Today I will complete patterned inlay I started making yesterday. Some students are making mitered finger joint boxes. We are all learning the way we learn best, by doing, and there is absolutely no difference between the way adults learn and children learn.

We play and can be trusted to learn the things we want most to know, as learning is one of the most fundamental exercises of human nature, when the confidence of learning is not squelched by trivialized schooling. We should set up schools so children learn likewise.

Music, the arts, laboratory science and crafts through which children can make things of benefit to their families and community.

Make, fix, create, and assist others to learn through play.

No comments:

Post a Comment