Tuesday, October 21, 2014

saga of the 3-d printed lego...

Today we printed our first lego™ using a makerbot 3-D printer. This was our prototype to find out if it will indeed work. It did. Now the students are excited that they will each get to print their own. We started with a real lego, ™ took measurements of it, and then each student used sketchup to create the design.

Lego™needs not worry about competition. Ours took 27 minutes to print. Our purpose is purely educational. I am very proud that with careful measuring and sketchup design we got a perfect fit.

The lower elementary school students were using simpler technology, saws and hammers to make sloyd trivets like those made by Gustaf Larsson's students in 1900.

Make, fix and create...

No comments:

Post a Comment