Tuesday, August 20, 2013

progress...

You can see that I'm making slow progress despite distractions from AEP/SWEPCO's rude intrusion into my life. The stackable boxes now have dividers that will house the rare earth magnets that will hold the trays together and allow them to be stacked straight or pivoted into other balanced, unbalanced, symmetrical and asymmetrical arrangements.

I got an email from an American blog reader in Denmark who is starting a school based in part on "finger wisdom." She posed a long list of questions which I will try to address in the blog as a point of discussion over the coming week.

It is interesting to me that most of the same questions we ask now were asked before in the early days of manual arts training. Denmark was one of the places that was very much involved in Sloyd training, and long after Educational Sloyd was forgotten in America. What a wonderful thing it would be for modern children to become involved with craftsmen who had that particular training of hand and mind. I look forward to hearing more.

Make, fix and create...

No comments:

Post a Comment