Monday, May 06, 2013

boxes... the old fashioned way...



I am back from Phoenix and had a somewhat trying day at school this morning. Being tired, I was not at my best, and the kids knew it. They are far smarter than anyone but a good teacher would give them credit for. The kids grades 1 through 6 leave in the morning for their spring camping trip and today my fourth, fifth and sixth grade students helped to sharpen all the whittling knives so they will be ready to go to work once they arrive at the campground.

In my wood shop, I'm starting chapter 5 of my new box making book. John Grossbohlin sent the video shown above, showing a wonderful film about box making of an older style. Please click on the video so you can see the wonderful machinery full screen. Another reader, Randall, sent the video below, on deep learning.




Make, fix and create...

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic video. Steam powered machinery is truly amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete