Saturday, November 07, 2009

home again.

It is nice to be back in Northwest Arkansas and to have a day to relax and do household chores before school on Monday. It was a huge pleasure to attend the ISACS conference and to know how many things we at Clear Spring School are doing right. We attended workshops by a variety of experts and leaders in education, and it is a great confidence boost to listen with check list... that we are doing so very many things right.

I attended a workshop with Pat Bassett, director of the National Association of Independent Schools in which he described his visit to Finland. As Finnish education is a point of particular interest to me, I took notes and will have more to share later on.

I wished that I had had an equal time to share with him, my own Finland adventure and what I learned from it. Perhaps that will come at another time.

In the meantime, I am researching Pestalozzi's alphabet of form and its use. If any of my readers have particular insight or resources, please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:09 AM

    You might want to look at this Google book: A Textbook in the History of Modern Elementary Education By Samuel Chester Parker

    ReplyDelete