Thursday, November 05, 2009

Columbus ISACS conference day one...

Some things are too large for simple and immediate response. So here I am, a bit brain fried from the amount I have learned. Faithful readers will gain some insight from what I have learned later after I have had greater opportunity to test in my own hands and classroom. Some is about math, and the role of the hands in the development of spatial sense, the much overlooked component of success in mathematics. Some is about the brain and the body and how we learn. One presentation was about stress reduction, offering tips I will use in my own life and classroom.

It is an amazing thing being surrounded by teachers gathered here in Columbus for exactly the same reasons... to become better teachers, and to do more to create passion for learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment