Tuesday, March 23, 2021

dear readers...

 I know I have readers of my blog that don't like it much when I suggest that guns are a major problem in America. They would like to just read about tools and kids and making things from wood. But we have an obvious problem. People with guns kill people. They do it in grocery stores,  parking lots, drive by on the streets, in theaters and massage parlors, and even in churches and schools. They even kill children, family members and themselves in their own homes.

So, here I  am telling my dear readers the facts, and if there are any of my dear readers on the other side of the fence, I ask them to carefully consider those they love and the society we might hope for us all to share.

Do we want the cowboy days of the wild west, or shall we strive for a culture in which we can send our children off to school each day confident of their safe return? Certainly we can pray about the matter, but prayer not followed by action is empty of empathy and fruitless in return. 

There's a phrase that gun owners use to justify their fetish with guns. They say, "guns don't kill people, people kill people." And the truth is that people with guns kill people. 

Let's do something about it. Let's make the killing stop.

Make, fix and create. Assist others in learning likewise.

1 comment:

  1. Gun fetish has become obsession has become perversion. There is no way our founders had this in mind. We lack leaders of courage to confront this national crisis.

    ReplyDelete