Thursday, March 11, 2021

back to Moxon

I received a copy of Quercus Magazine in the mail today with my review of the new Veritas Number One plane in it, and that reminded me to get busy again working on my review of Taylor Tool Company's kits for building Moxon vises.  The review is intended to go in their next issue. 

To complete my vise I added guides that align it to a table edge, then sanded and finished it with Danish oil. After taking a few photos I'll write the text for the review and send it off in time for the next issue of Quercus.

The Moxon vise is a relatively simple thing, but one whose parts would be difficult to come by or to make on your own. Having the parts supplied in a kit makes it a lovely project that will be useful in my wood shop. You can make as a portable unit, or if you are planning a new bench, it can be built right in. 

Make, fix, create. Assist others in learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment