Sunday, March 07, 2021

A new workbench for kids

In  my wood shop I've been working on an article for Popular Woodworking about making a woodworking bench for kids, similar to the drawing shown which I will adjust to conform to the finished model. I'm adding a compartment under the top for storage of tools. I have just a few hours more work to do on it.

This will become a classroom work bench and it's my belief that every elementary school classroom in America should be equipped with a workbench and tools for woodworking. In addition to that, every woodworking grandparent should have a dedicated bench where their grandchildren can safely work. We can no longer count on typical schools to provide the lessons our children most need and deserve

The Clear Spring School fundraising auction will close at 5 PM Central time today. https://www.silentauctionpro.com/bidonlinegrid.php?groupId=1756 Check out the art and services for sale. 

If you like you can donate directly to the Clear Spring School through this link: https://www.clearspringschool.org/giving

My Guide to Woodworking with Kids has been out of stock at Amazon and other suppliers while the printer tries to catch up. If you are in a rush to get a copy, please contact me via email as I have a few copies on hand that I can ship. In person woodworking classes for me at the Clear Spring School resume on Monday. Students will get a refresher on the rules, a lesson on sawing and then lessons in the use of the shooting board with hand planes.

Make, fix and create. Assist others in learning likewise.


No comments:

Post a Comment