Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Rosie loves snow


I had trouble sleeping last night. On the one hand, we have the Covid-19 pandemic, and on the other, we're only a few hours before the inauguration of a new president.  The old one, rude and eternally ungracious, is on the way out. If the last few days did not  amply illustrate his failure of leadership, the pandemic does.

The thing that kept me awake, however, was  a new invention. I  call it a "honing truck." It has wheels and is designed to straddle over a diamond honing block to carry a plane iron at just the right angle to sharpen its edge. Once having conceptualized it, my mind went into how it would be made and what  parts I would need in order to make it myself.

I have other honing guides, but this one will offer greater simplicity. And the fact that I can make it myself and that I can show how to make it may be of use to others.  The video from just a few days ago explains how to keep one's sense of humor in difficult times.

Make, fix and create. Assist others in learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment