Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Quadrant hinges

I'm completing an article for Popular Woodworking Magazine about installing quadrant hinges using my flipping sorry stick technique. Use of a thin story stick allows for such operations to be performed using the router table rather than trying to balance a router on the thin edge of a box. My technique allows the accuracy of the set up and fit to be assessed before completely messing up a near finished box.

In the past, my students have asked about installing this complex hinge, and this article offers me the chance to tell and show how.

While the steps are not necessarily easy, you can see in the photo that they work. All I have left to do on the article is one more coat of finish, the installation of a lining and lead photos.

Make, fix and create. Assist others in learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment