Wednesday, July 03, 2019

in addition...

In addition to getting ready for next week's box making class at ESSA, I'm making gradual progress on my new kerfed hinge machine.  As the table holding the box slides forward, the blade emerges to make the kerf for the hinge to fit. By adding a stop block on the right, the box can be held in perfect position so the hinge kerfs in the lid and body of the box will be in alignment.

I still need to fine tune it and install a switch to turn the motor on and off. I'm also waiting for a different motor shaft extension to arrive.

If you are interested, there are still spaces to fill in next week's box making class. You can go here to register: https://essa-art.org/workshops/wood/small-decorative-boxes/ You need not have any prior experience. I will provide that.

Make, fix, create, and increase the likelihood that others learn likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment