Sunday, June 11, 2017

At MASW

I've arrived in Indiana for my 6 days of classes at the Marc Adams School of Woodworking. The school has been busy over the winter months with a major expansion, including a new kitchen, lunch room, dedicated lathe room and technology center. The state of the art technology center will allow students to use laser cutters, plasma cutters, CNC routing, and laser engraving, all controlled wirelessly from computers. This is the world's largest woodworking school. With their staff and teachers, the best. Continuous growth over the last 22 years will keep the school at the top, and a destination for woodworkers for years to come.

As you know, I have also been involved in my local community in a more personal endeavor at the Eureka Springs School of the Arts (ESSA). I remind myself that with the current state of affairs, the arts crafts need all the help they can get. So whether a school is large or small, the need is there. I hope to enlist new teachers and build our program at ESSA. The object is not to compete, but to offer much needed healing to a fractured culture. The arts bring us together, and help us to stick like glue to purposes that are transcendental.

Make some thing useful and beautiful and you've changed the world for the better.

Become a maker of useful beauty, and you've transformed your self.

The photo is of the new addition at the Marc Adams School of Woodworking. Tomorrow my box making class will begin.

Make, fix, create, and please assist others in learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment