Wednesday, June 23, 2021

day 3

This morning I have a helper teaching my kindergarten class at the Clear Spring School and I begin my third day of box making class at the Eureka Springs School of the Arts. My students there are making great progress and each has a lovely box in the works.

I'm making a special box for the ashes of a friend, Roger Dale, who passed away in Wichita Kansas last week. Roger was an artist and a mentor for me and so many others. He had taught high school art in Bentonville and in Berryville and guided me in making my first dulcimers. He was a dog lover. We built an Olson Fast Fire wood kiln on his property near the White River and spent many hours putzing around together with trials motorcycles. I had no better friends than Roger and his wife Teresa and hold them both dear in my thoughts. The box for Roger's ashes has served as my demonstration box for teaching my students this week, a thing that Roger would appreciate, I'm sure. We know there are no firm boundaries between us. And when we say that someone lives on in our hearts, we know that to be the truth.

https://www.cozine.com/obituary/Roger-Dale

Today my students will begin putting hinges on their boxes and get busy on other boxes reflecting things they want to learn in class.

Make, fix and create. Assist others in learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment