Saturday, May 09, 2020

Where was I?

It seems I've been so deeply disturbed by the coronavirus' impact on our nation, and the failed leadership that's allowing it to take deep hold, that it's been difficult to keep my attention on less important issues.

Education has taken a big hit, as teaching has been forced to move online, and students, sequestered in their own homes are forced more deeply into "virtual" engagement than before.

There is a clear difference between virtual learning and virtuous learning. In one, it's two dimensional and onscreen. The other involves doing real things that are of deep benefit to family, community and self. So while parents are reluctant to set limits to screen time (as it's now where their kids get schooled), some clear lines had best be drawn.

I'm grateful to have prep work to do for my kids at the Clear Spring School. I sent out the weekly newsletter yesterday and dropped off fresh materials for the kids to pick up at school to continue hands on learning.

Make, fix, create, and assist others in learning lifewise.


No comments:

Post a Comment