Sunday, September 22, 2019

the power of a single image.

In 1993 my cousin Michael came to Eureka Springs and stayed with us for a few days as he participated in Omega Institute training. He left a copy of a magazine for my enjoyment called "The Sciences." In it I was inspired by an image of a book filled with rocks.

That image led me to begin using rocks as additive design elements in my work, ranging from tables to boxes. It also led to my first work featured on the pages of Fine Woodworking Magazine. I've not as yet read the article from which the image came. But I plan to today. You can read along here: https://nyaspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/j.2326-1951.1993.tb03117.x

I find it fascinating how a single image and a singlular relationship can have such effect.

Make, fix, and create. Extend to others the opportunity of learning likewise.

1 comment:

  1. I've tried to find the article but was only able to find the artist's website: Cyrilla Mozenter, http://cyrillamozenter.com/sculptureinstallationbookwork

    ReplyDelete