Wednesday, July 17, 2019

a way you can help...

With my woodworking with kids book coming out in May 2020 (as currently proposed on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Hands-Guide-Woodworking-Kids/dp/1940611881/ ), I am hoping to finish my more philosophical Wisdom of the Hands book so it can come out at the same time. I have long visualized the woodworking with kids book as being the workbook for implementing the wisdom of the hands philosophy as expressed in the WOH book (always in the works) and through this blog.

My blog readers can assist by reading and pinpointing passages from the blog that should be highlighted in the book. I invite more interchange with my readers. Read deep. Reflect on your own life and report back.

Let's start with the title. It will be: Wisdom of the Hands: Crafting Self, Family, Community and Human Culture.

In the blog, at upper left, you will find a search box that will be useful in navigating my thirteen years of blog posts. I will need to tell stories from my own life to put things in context but the story is broad, involving my whole community of Eureka Springs and the ways in which its members have fostered the arts and the development of the artistry in each other.

F&W Books, that had gone bankrupt, is now on settled ground. The books division was purchased by Penguin Random House, one of the largest publishers in the US. That means I'll continue receiving royalty checks from an earlier work.

Make, fix and create. Assist others in learning likewise.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment