Monday, July 01, 2019

this day

I began this blog http://wisdomofhands.blogspot.com in 2006 with the hope of encouraging an understanding of the necessity of hands-on learning. The statistics provided by google began counting in 2009 and show that I'm nearing the 2 million page view mark since that date.

The more important things are not so easily measured. A teacher never knows the full impact of a life teaching kids. A box maker never knows how long his or her boxes will last or hold interest. And a writer rarely knows whether the lives he or she has touched have been changed in any way.

In any case, I urge you to do more than read. Take what you know and teach others. Something. Anything. If you have a passion make sure that it's shared. If you want to know something and learn it well, teach it to another.

Today I'll be preparing stock for two classes next week. July 5-9 I teach box making at ESSA. On July 6 and 7, I have a parent/child class on making box guitars. There are still spaces available in each class.

Make, fix, create, and assist others in learning likewise.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your 'near 2M' views! I don't think I've visited more than a hundred times - but each of them rewarding!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete