Sunday, April 21, 2019

The power to fix

Two nights ago my dog knocked into my glasses and the frame separated right at the bridge between the two lenses. The glasses being made of plastic and about 4 years old, had become brittle and snapped with ease.

I glued them with epoxy and they lasted only one day before breaking again. My new attempted fix is to glue them with epoxy and then wrap the bridge with nylon string with it coated by 5 minute epoxy, building up a stronger bridge. With luck they will last until they can be replaced.

Without personal ingenuity, and access to nylon string and epoxy, and due to my living a long way from one day new glasses suppliers, I would suffer the loss of perfect sight for a week or longer.

Use your ingenuity. Cultivate your power to fix. The rewards are enormous. There's satisfaction in it.

Make, fix, and create.

No comments:

Post a Comment