Tuesday, April 02, 2019

a table top.

This afternoon I pick up a large maple slab, natural edged on both sides to make a dining table. It's size and weight will make it a challenge to lift and live with in my shop as I shape the ends and plane and sand the surfaces to perfection.

Yesterday in wood shop at the Clear Spring School, my students worked on a variety of projects including more of the phone holders I'd made with my Kindergarten class on Friday.

Since my classes contain students of varying skill and maturity, requiring all students to do exactly the same thing tends to be impractical. The students love the opportunity to make what they want, limited only be the available materials.

Skills of mind and skills of hand are not different things, as each refreshes and strengthens the other.

Make, fix and create.

No comments:

Post a Comment