Tuesday, July 03, 2018

A new way...

Today I am still recovering from 7 days of classes and I am attending to followup. That includes sending  files to my box making students, an exercise that will also help with my class in Connecticut next week. I have been scanning a few articles that I'd written for Fine Woodworking Magazine and for other magazines that I can share with students.

The photo shows a new way of making a guitar top integral to the neck. I rout a recess into the body of the box, and then rout a 1/8 in. groove into the side of the neck. This makes a rigid structure to support the bridge and strings and gives a precise location for the nut and bridge. Some tonal quality is sacrificed for ease and accuracy of assembly. This is a technique I developed to use in the weekend class.

Make, fix, create, and assist others in learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment