Friday, September 08, 2017

collaboration...

Yesterday the director of ESSA and I met with folks from the North Arkansas Community College about possible collaboration, finding ways to serve their students, and maximize the use of our facility. It may become a useful partnership for both institutions.

I've begun working on more boxes. In attempting to fill an order, I discovered that some sizes and types were in short supply. Must make more boxes! Lids must be inlaid and various parts made before the boxes can be assembled and sanded. It's a very good thing, as the making and selling of boxes in a stream of work keeps money flowing into the operation, allowing me to buy more materials and to pay for expenses.

Today I meet by teleconference with a panel of judges to choose the recipients of various Arkansas Governor's Awards in the arts. I've been somewhat overwhelmed by the number of nominees whose entries must be read through carefully.

The jumble of clamps and pieces of wood are pencil cups being glued up before being inlaid. I work until all the wooden pads and c-clamps are in use, and then do other things while the glue sets.

Make, fix, create, and increase the likelihood that others learn likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment