Monday, October 18, 2010

today in the css wood shop

Today in the Clear Spring School wood shop, the 4th, 5th and 6th grade students finished their walnut cutting boards and the 10th, 11th and 12th grade students worked on their folding fabric boxes. Part of the process of working with wood is to begin looking more closely at things. Tiny scratches in the wood are not apparent until the eye has been trained to look closely at the object and the heart has been trained to actually care about results. These things aren't automatic. In order to care, you must first understand that things are within your power to effect.

I am attempting to learn Google Sketch-up to help develop plans for my Small Cabinets book. Have any of my readers mastered this interesting program yet? I have hopes that it will help me in developing drawings of project plans for distribution on the net. If you have tips on the use of this program please share them with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment