Friday, February 23, 2007

A Reverance for Wood...a blog reader was kind enough to compare my writings with those of one of my idols, Eric Sloane. One of Sloane's books A Reverance for Wood was the book that awakened me to the wonders of wood and the essential role that wood played in American history. I've read the book many times as it is one of those I can pick up and take comfort in.

Eric Sloane was first and foremost a painter and illustrator rather than a writer and all his books are beautifully illustrated in line drawings that add value and interest to the text, in the same way I hope the photos on this blog add interest to what you read here. A Reverance for Wood has had such profound impact on my life, it is difficult to find the right words to say about it. Just find it and read it. It might have an effect on yours. The image above is one of Sloane's illustrations from A Reverance for Wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment