Sunday, November 27, 2022

Roy Reed, 1972

In 1972 Roy Reed wrote an article for the New York Times that should be read by others today.
Hippies and Gerald L. K. Smith Make Eureka Springs a Model of Co-existence. It concerns the coexistence in our dear little town between the emerging class of hippies and longhairs, and the national cult leader known by many to be "the minister of hate". I was re-interested in Gerald L. K. Smith by listening to Rachel Maddow's podcast Ultra which explores an earlier time of extremism, authoritarianism and insurrection. Roy Reed suggested that our town should be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.

I moved here in 1975 and I owe a great deal to this lovely place.

In my woodshop I've built a new workbench to hold tools and in my sleep at night I'm visualizing new box designs.

The photo shows tiny boxes that had been started while I was writing my book, Tiny Boxes. I'm finishing them as part of my clearing and clean up operation and will be teaching a class at ESSA on Tiny Boxes, December 16-18, and there are openings for two students in this class.

Make, fix and create. Assist others in learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment