Wednesday, November 09, 2022

putting things in perspective

I read Heather Cox Richardson's Letters from an American daily to put current events into a historic context. There are always changes afoot, but not all things under the sun are new. Human nature changes at a geologic pace.

Today in her post she noted the large number of young persons mobilized to vote. "If there is an obvious story from today with results still unknown, it is this: a new generation is picking up the torch of our democracy." It's a very good thing. One in which I find consolation.

You can find her initial comments on the election here: https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/november-8-2022

Make, fix and create. Assist others in learning likewise.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:19 AM

    Dr. Richardson's column is one of the first things I read in the morning. My wife turned me onto this and I find it interesting to see what history has to teach us.
    I would also recommend a book from Natalie Haynes -- The Ancient Guide to Modern Life.
    There is much that can be extrapolated from Ye Olden Days and looked at through modern eyes --only to realize that 2500 years later, we're exactly in the same place.
    (and a fun bit that will make you giggle -- Plato actually was a nickname meaning "Tubby")

    ReplyDelete