Friday, July 16, 2021

my teaching schedule

In my wood shop I'm putting small lift tabs on the lids of boxes. The tabs fit in routed grooves and will be glued in place after they and the boxes have their final sanding.

With my book "theWisdom of Our Hands" being edited and prepared for publication, I'm looking forward to starting another book. 

One subject that seems to interest my students is making jigs and fixtures. Jigs make things easy. Jigs make things safe. Jigs make operations faster and repeatable with less error, and making jigs is nearly as much fun as making boxes. 

Should that be my next book, or do you have other book ideas in mind for me?

I was asked about my upcoming adult classes, and my schedule is as follows:

  • August 9-13 Box Making at Marc Adams School of Woodworking, Franklin, Indiana.
  • August 21-22 Box Making with the Alabama Woodworking Guild near Birmingham.
  • September 1-3 Box Making at the Eureka Springs School of the Arts (ESSA).
  • September 17-19 Scandinavian Bentwood Boxes at ESSA.
  • October 21-25 Making a Viking Chest with NACC at ESSA.
  • November 8-12 Making a Viking Chest at ESSA.
  • November 20 Special Veterans Box Making Class at the Eureka Springs School of the Arts.
  • December 10-12 Box Making at ESSA.
Dates may change or classes may be cancelled due to the Coronavirus pandemic and the failure of some to get vaccinations. 

Arkansas is currently in a surge of new cases due to our low vaccination rate, and due to the amount of misinformation readily accepted by people in our state. If you are 12 years old or older in the US and are not vaccinated please get your shots ASAP. They are safe and offer you a means to protect others.

Make, fix and create...

No comments:

Post a Comment