Friday, May 01, 2020

today in the woodshop...

Months ago I had inlaid the lids to small boxes and with things being slow around here due to Covid-19 and social distancing I'm cutting parts to complete what I'd started. Do I need to make more boxes? Perhaps not. But do I need to make more boxes? Yes.

There is a direct connection between the hands and the brain. Busy hands create a sense of agency, thus brushing aside feelings of anxiety and depression. They lead us through tough times. I also know that when I have a supply of boxes that can be sold in better days, my own economic future is slightly more bright.

The photo shows one of the boxes I finished last week. The woods are birdseye maple and walnut.

Make, fix, create and assist others in learning lifewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment