Saturday, June 18, 2011

Small cabinets...

Today is the start of an intense week making small cabinets. This morning I have a one day class with students at the Kansas City Woodworker's Guild, and then on Monday morning I will begin production of my DVD Building Small Cabinets. This will be my third time to work with Taunton Press video director Gary Junken, so I am looking forward to a reunion with a great professional. I'll share photos if I have time to take any. In the meantime, there need be no obstructions in your own creative life. Make time to make.

I have been very impressed with the Kansas City Woodworker's Guild, and I plan to write in greater depth about this fine organization and its many activities when things have had a chance to settle and the DVD "filming" is complete.

Make, fix and create...

2 comments:

  1. My husband Gary and I are both members of the KCWG. Gary is the Secetary. We totally enjoyed the talk Wednesday night. I don't think I will ever look at my hands in the same way again. Your work is phenomenol and really admire your work with children. Gary is already making jigs from your book.
    Ann Creek
    We now are following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband Gary (guild Secretary) and I are both members of the KCWG. We really enjoyed your talk Wednesday night, I don't think I will ever look at my hands in the same way again. We purchased a few of your books and Gary is already making a jig from one of them. We really admire the way that you teach the children. We are now following your blog. -Thanks again Ann and Gary Creek

    ReplyDelete