Tuesday, November 01, 2022

ISACS

I'm getting ready to do two presentations at the annual ISACS conference, this year to be held in Minneapolis/St. Paul. ISACS stands for the Independent Schools Association of the Central States, and it is the membership organization through which the Clear Spring School receives its accreditation. 

One of my presentations is about the Wisdom of our hands, and how the strategic use of the hand benefits learning at all ages. The other presentation is about woodworking with kids. Both of these subjects are well known to me, but that doesn't relieve me of the nervousness about making these presentations.

I'm in the midst of organizing my thoughts and wish I'd started months ago.

Yesterday I received pdfs of two articles I've written for Fine Woodworking magazine, issue 301. One is an 11 page article about making boxes, and the other is 3 pages about installing hinges. I'm to review for refinement and to check for errors. In the article I made 3 boxes as shown in the photo.

Make, fix and create. Assist others in learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment