Tuesday, July 27, 2021

52,639

In planning my book, the Wisdom of our hands, I  was asked by the publisher at Linden Press about the approximate length of the proposed book. I told him 50-60,000 words. After most of the editing is complete, we are now at 52,639 words. With a few illustrations, and the addition of the index and front material the book will fall in at about 220-240 pages. So I'm pleased to see that my original projection has been met. 

The next step for the publisher is the printing of what's called an ARC or Advanced Review Copy which will be circulated both digitally and in print form to a number of reviewers, those we hope will offer  blurbs and to those candidates we may ask to write a forward to the book.

I've also been asked to provide a bibliography and we're discussing the addition of suplemental material at a the end of the book.

Make, fix and create.


No comments:

Post a Comment