Tuesday, January 12, 2021

a pathway toward peace.

Forgive me for having become obsessed with the national news. I would like to be interested in other things. I have watched four years of Trump's relentless assault on our democracy, knowing that it would end like this. And it's not over yet. Pray for sanity. Pray for peace. Pray for a restoration of normalcy in which we can pay greater attention to smaller things.

And of course, praying is not enough. To craft is a form of prayer. It is a form of meditation. And if we all were to pay greater attention to that which is at hand we would find better pathways toward peace

On the personal front, I received a new plane from Veritas in the mail yesterday. It's an amazingly beautiful thing that I'll review in a later post. Yesterday I also finished the installation of a materials exchange cabinet at the Clear Spring School. School to home and back again. 

The photo shows a box that I'm making to use as a prop in an article about installing Brusso quadrant hinges. It's walnut and has a a beveled lid and inlay made of cherry and maple.  The lid will be cut from the body of the box after the outside has been sanded. The corners are joined using finger joints. These are the kinds of things that my adult students learn in my box making classes.

Make, fix and create. Assist others in learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment